View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
denodan,
Since I don't use file management software like Calibre or iRiver Plus 4 to copy files onto my Story or remove them -- I just use Windows Explorer -- I have manually created folders within the "Book" folder to help me group books in a way that seems logical to me from a file explorer window on my PC. I have created a couple of folders for specific authors, and a couple of others where I've put series of books (e.g. a trilogy) onto the device.

I'm using firmware version 1.71, and it finds all the books in the subfolders with no problem. It doesn't display the folders -- it lists all the books in the one single-level list, all sorted into alphabetical order -- but at least it sees all the books.

And I haven't installed Adobe Digital Editions, but still have a folder called .adobe-digital-editions on my Story, at the same level as the Books folder. It appears to be part of the operating system, because i tried deleting it, and the next time my machine rebooted, that folder was recreated.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote