Thread: TOC Wonkiness
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
It could be a bug, or it could be nook weirdness. Either way, you still need to create a new issue on the tracker with the epub file attached. See this wiki page.
Hi, Valloric:

Thank you for your reply, but I cannot do that. The content of the epub file does not belong to me and I cannot publish it. I can certainly create a new issue on the tracker, but I can't upload the file. BTW, it's not actually the Nook; it's B&N's e-Reader for PC; I misspoke when I referred to it as "Nook on PC."

I'm at the point of giving up, anyway. I think this might have something to do with the extensive stylesheets used by InDesign, but although I can muddle about pretty effectively in html, my css is weak at best and frankly it's like the paper-designer deliberately tried to make my life a misery for the digital conversion. I've repeatedly re-created the chapter titles so that the ones that don't work match the ones that do, coding-wise, but every time I upload this sucker to the B&N e-reader (to proof it before converting it to .mobi), different chapter headings stop working. It's driving me to drink.

Thanks anyway--if anyone has a better e-reader that utilizes TOC that I could use to "proof" my content prior to conversion, I'd certainly welcome THAT suggestion, this B&N e-Reader is a total POS, you can't even delete uploaded files (I kid thee not).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote