View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I wonder if Sony is really dithering more gray than we think to make the pictures look better.

Dale
The dithering algorithms work extremely well on all these devices. I'm hard pressed to see any real difference in the appearance of most pictures between my 4 grey-scale Sony Reader and CyBook, and my 16 grey-scale iLiad.

Many people would, I'm sure, find it hard to believe that the "Mona Lisa" picture supplied with the Gen3 has only 4 grey scales in it, it looks so good.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote