View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I understand, James. I was wondering if you had the new wireless model - I know that's shipping in Britain, but I wasn't sure if it was available in Europe as well - which comes with an upgraded firmware. iRiver says the new firmware will be available for download for older models, but hasn't given the date or any info on what (if anything) might have changed. I wondered if the included ebooks were part of that newer firmware, but maybe it's just a marketing thing they've decided to do since I bought mine (early May this year). I notice a lot of ereader manufacturers are doing the same now. I know they're public domain, but I'd like to think Project Gutenberg is getting something out of the arrangement.

The bit about the bookmarks still strikes me as weird. I wondered about the folder name only because I don't see why the Story would distinguish between author name and book title - they're both just strings of words to the Story. If you're talking about a previously-created bookmark that it now doesn't recognise, well that would make sense, because the filename it references has now changed. But if you're talking about not being able to create new bookmarks with the filename one way but being able to with it the other, then that's Darned Odd.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote