View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I immediately started charging the Opus wishing the 3 hours (as stated in the printed quickstart guide) to pass quickly so I can start using it. I charged it for 7 hours and the charge light didn't go off as expected. I'm still not sure if that is to be expected or if it's some kind of problem with my USB ports not providing enough power (I connected it to various ports, including ones I know are powered and my 700W PSU should be able to handle the load.)
As I said elsewhere, the charge cycle are by round of ~3 hours so if about 6 hours the led did not shutdown the next time will be after 9 hours etc...
Quote:
I used the "Safely Remove Hardware" option and on the Opus itself it still showed a little USB icon with the words "Connected". Hmmm... not sure if that's to be the case. The manual doesn't state anything so I reluctantly unplugged it and hoped for the best.
As soon as you Opus is plugged on USB (even on a USB charger) it will display you this screen, so you will need to unplug it to use it.

Quote:
Started messing around trying different views including the folder view and got my first freeze. Soft reset didn't seem to work. Had to be brave and use the manual reset option.
This is not a "soft" reset but a real hard reset.

Quote:
Off with the cover (tedious with clammy hands!) and a quick paperclip press to "Reset". Nothing happens. Frantic I reset again and then realize I had to turn it on again. Opus in working order again... Wheww..
This is normal. The reset button, unplug the battery or anything like this will NOT change the screen display. The screen will stay the same until the software ask it to display something else.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote