View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #149
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has used the various software which help with writing books such as story weaver and if so how did they got on? Also where to get the software for free.
Thanks
I use Open Office (don't see why I should contribute to Microsoft's profits), which works reasonably well. I also bought (yes actually used my own money) Pageplus X6 from Serif. One reason was because this version was suitable for writing e-books and can convert the book into E-PUB and Kindle formats, however it doesn't save in a format suitable for sending to Smashwords. I also found that deleting/adding a page from the middle also had a detrimental effect on the number of pages at the end of the book (removing some) which was a bit confusing.

I also use SIGIL and E-PUB Validator to check the suitability of the books formats (both available at zero cost).

What I would really like is the one programme where I can write my book, with 1 (and 1 only Master Copy) which can then produce transform the books into files suitable for all the major e-book distributors (Kindle, Smashwords, Lulu etc). At the moment I find this task impossible.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote