View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
My GoodRead review: "Great mystery and suspense, with some frustratingly drawn out areas. The resolution seemed a bit anticlimactic, but I did find the actual ending to be very interesting. I wonder if it was purposely left open for the possibility of a sequel that, unfortunately, was never to come.
All in all, it was a good read."

I found that the first 12 chapters went along at a good pace, building, and twisting just enough - but then...blah! Things began to get slow, and plodding until around chapter 17 or 18, when it picked up again. I was most, excited (for lack of a better word) while reading chapter 20, wondering what was going to happen with the two of them (Bridget & Sam) but it seemed to fall flat; I was expecting a little more oomph, in the resolution.

I am happy to hear that there were other Sam Spade stories, though, and I will look them up.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote