View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
Kobo doesn't offer landscape viewing yet. Maybe we should ask for it in next firmware upgrade. Also if a pdf is DRM'd with ADE protection, Calibre cannot convert it.
Landscape is not available when reading in the books sections of a Kobo however we are talking about reading PDFs which are in the document section where you do get the choice of portrait or landscape mode.
Once you have a particular PDF open to read you press the display button and your are given several "magnification" choices and also "orientation" choices of either portrait or landscape. I find that reading PDFs in portrait is almost impossible. My personal preference is "whole page" and "landscape"

As to the ePub vs PDF comments I was suggesting that Bonnylass download her books in ePub format rather than PDF assuming she is given the choice. Maybe she is really a computer wiz but I think most 74 year olds would rather be reading their books and not removing DRM and converting formats with Calibre.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote