View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #541
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It was a simple change and I liked the idea
Hi Kovid

Thanks for all your work on calibre as many here appreciate it.

I was wandering if there is a method to generate a table of contents from a merged epub.

for example say i merge 3 epubs.numbers 1,2 and 3.

now suppose i want to get to the start of epub no 3 but i don't want to scroll through epub 1 and epub 2 to get to the start of epub 3.

i just want to click on the table of contents at the start of epub1 which will list the table of contents as being epub 1 ,2 and & 3.

so i would click on epubs 3 title and it would take me to the start of epub 3.

in the above example i only used 3 merged epubs as an example.

i have merged 87 short story epubs using the epubmerge plugin but the plugin does not have the option to have an in line TOC.

This means that i will forget what books are in the merged epub after a while and also to get to a particular book i would need to scroll through 4000 odd pages.

I also tried to use the calibre EDIT TOC on the merged epub but it did not seem to generate the TOC anywhere in the merged epub.

So the is question could this feature be looked at for the next upgrade of calibre?

The TOC would simply be generated from the filenames of the individual epubs.

Last edited by vugtitan; 03-02-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote