View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I favor curly quotes. I think they make a better looking final document than straight quotes. I do all of my basic editing outside BookDesigner and load the resultant file in BD. Likewise, the file could be loaded into calibre for conversion. (I have used calibre for many tasks such as magazines and newspapers; but I have not yet mastered it enough to produce ebooks to my specifications.)

In BD there is no command that I have ever found that will keep the caption on the same page as the graphic. Likewise, I have not found (although I have looked and want one) a paragraph style to use for captions that does not result in the subtitle attribute being applied to it.

I have also produced covers using Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. I put the MobileRead logo on the cover of ebooks, on the title page, on the final page, and sometimes at other places inside the book (like on a "Part II" page.) Since books posted here are sometimes reposted elsewhere without attribution I prefer to brand them with the logo so that people who subsequently read them might come here looking for more ebooks.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote