View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
When I started using more then one library I had to stop using the batch file to point to the library and metadata.db file because it caused problems when trying to switch libraries. Since I really didn't care I just changed my setup.

Now all I point to is a common configuration so every machine I'm on is using the same plugins and settings. I just install calibre on each machine pointing to the same library (in my dropbox).
Do you use a batch file to set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable, or do you have it hard-wired into your windows environment?

I set the env var in a batch file, but do not use --with-library there. I have no trouble switching libraries. That said, looking at the code I don't see any reason why --with-library would make switching libraries problematic. All it does is set the library preference before starting the GUI.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote