View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
Yes, but that's where wear leveling comes in.
That's where it doesn't come in, because it's not there. Wear leveling is something that SSD controllers do. It's a technology specific to SSD only. Regular flash media (embedded devices, phones, SD cards, etc.) do not do wear leveling of any kind. Hence you get bad blocks rather quicker than on SSD and if it's in a bad place it might even be an unrecoverable error.

Still it's nothing to worry about, really, as I said: I'm a bit paranoid about it because I had devices fail on me due to bad blocks.

Other people spend $5 on a screen protector against scratches they may never get anyway, I spend $5 on an SD card and I'm happy with it, so who cares...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote