View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
threat to authors

I agree with your comments, Barcey, except I believe "too many authors and too few readers" is not a threat to authors. If the author deserves readers, it will be easier than ever to find them. It's only "bad authors" or ones who aren't connecting with their readers who face a threat, and I am not sure I would even consider them "authors" if they aren't serving a reader.

Flip it around and you can see that the reader is finally going to have more power than ever, with a vast selection, influence over pricing, and the ability to truly determine bestsellers without the artificial structures now in place (current bestsellers are determined long before shelf date--immediately upon the signing of the contract, almost always before the book is even written).

Scott
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote