View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by book_goddess View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I went to a friend's house for a cuppa and saw that she had Bryce Courtenay's Jack Of Diamonds in hardcover on her bookshelf - it was a mammoth of a thing! I had read it myself on my ereader, so it surprised me to find out exactly how big it was.
Yes, I know what you mean. I just finished reading Jack of Diamonds in paperback, all 711 pages of it! A very enjoyable read but I would have preferred an ebook version. Bryce was one of the world's great storytellers and I've read most of his works, some twice (Power of One) We're going to miss him. RIP Bryce.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote