View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #1589
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by webroot View Post
I have developed eBook reader for Windows (also available on Linux) it is close to maturing but still I call it Beta. In a brief this reader is fast, portable, lightweight (3MB), and offer very good html rendering features . It supports EPUB, HTML and FictionBook format, last format has sometime performance issues. I am sure this software will be useful to those who still read on PC.

Download it from
https://apps.techfied.com/downloads/...er_Release.zip

Any suggestion/feedback greatly welcomed.
Thanks
I like the idea of a lightweight reading tool (though it's 10 MB, not 3), but there seem to be a number of bugs, and some important features are missing.

When I try to open a simple HTML file, I only get "Cannot render this page. This file may be DRM locked".

When reading ePub, going to the next page doesn't always work properly. Pages often begin and end with vertically truncated lines. Worse, the program doesn't remember where I stopped reading, and I cannot set bookmarks -- to me, these are essential features of even a simple ebook reader.

I'm afraid this will need a lot of work before it can become anything like an alternative to calibre viewer.
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote