Thread: MobileRead November Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
As I read The Count of Monte Christo and saw the films, I won't vote for it.
Erich Kästner is one of my favorite German writes, so I my vote for him; I read his Emil und die Detektive and was very impressed by Emil's cleverness. (edit: when I was very young. It is a children's book).
And a vote for my own nomination The Dinner which is a good, but disturbing book.
Also the Blind Owl, after I saw a quotation of this book: "There are certain sores in life that, like a canker, gnaw at the soul in solitude and diminish it".

Last edited by desertblues; 10-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote