View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
The big difference is that I can pick up sample chapters of books that I'm considering buying for the Kindle. I don't believe that the Sony Store offers samples.
The Sony store offers excerpts of some books on the website. From what I've seen, they're quite short, about as much as I would tend to read standing in the bookstore browsing. For me, that's not enough. I often ended up with books I didn't like enough to finish before. With the Kindle, I get a fairly large sample (usually a whole chapter) and I can read it on my device whenever I please. Then if I like it, I can have the rest of the book in seconds. When I hear about a book I might like, I just go get the sample. I'll figure out if I really want it later. I've sampled a lot of books that I didn't buy. Without the sample, I would've bought them and not finished them. Money wasted.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote