Thread: Rooting
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
is rooting the only way to get apps out of the Market wohpit having an Android phone? I right on.the verge of rooting but I'm reluctant because I only really want two apps out of the store...
I have the Android Market working on my Fire. If I go to the Market via the web, I can push an app to my phone, or the Fire. If I open the Market on the Fire, it will download the app as expected. I tested it both ways.

One thing I noticed is I tried to push Angry Birds from the Market, and it won't let me push to the Fire. It said the device is incompatible. Other apps work. So even with the Android Market installed, you won't necessarily be able to install everything to the Fire.

Last edited by ectoplasm; 11-27-2011 at 12:13 PM.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote