Thread: Ebook prices
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I use the same strategy now that I've been using for years. I keep a wish list of titles on Amazon, and if the price drops below $5 - and the book is not available from the library - I buy it. I've got so much reading backed up, I don't pay attention to the prices.
Amen, bro' (or sister). There are two other things that help me. I have transferred much of my business from the big chains to a local used bookseller. That doesn't give me the latest-greatest pop novel but there are millions of great books at sub-$5 prices, and the pop stuff will get there sooner or later. There is almost nothing that I can't wait to read, unless it's a book for a local discussion group that is not available at the library.

The other thing that I've gotten involved with is applying for free pre-release books from some of my other web sites that feature authors who give a few copies away in exchange for an honest review of the book. I've read several very good books by indie writers and it also allows me to move about in genres to which I sometimes might not otherwise be attracted. It also keeps me from getting 'hooked' on one author's extensive list of works while the rest of the world passes me by.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote