View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I will test it myself in a couple of days and can give more information then.

For mobi2mobi you will need to install the Perl packages:
  • Palm::PDB
  • Palm:oc (how do you write Palm:: Doc without space?)
  • Date::Format
  • Getopt::Mixed
  • Image::Size

There should be something called PPM to install packages.

To check the documentation do "perldoc mobi2mobi". To change a title do 'perl mobi2mobi --title "New Title" --outfile newfile.mobi originalfile.mobi". I assume you have to use a dosbox or cygwin or some shell with ActivePerl to do this.

But I am really not a Windows user so I might be mistaken.
Or... You could create a standalone Windows executable that does the same thing. This would be of great benefit to the millions of WinXP users who can't get PERL to work right and don't own Linux or OSX machines. After all, we're, by far, the greatest number of mobi readers.

PLEASE!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote