View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
I still like my 900 the best

Hello:

I have had a Sony 500, 505, 600, Cybook, Nokia 770, and ultimately my Sony 900. Out of all of them I still use the 505 and 900 regularly.

The 505 had what I consider the best screen of them all. The 600 had a good deal of glare. Though it was not as bad as the 700, which a friend of mine has. But it did bother me enough that I still preferred using the 505.

I bought a 900 as soon as it had the most recent price drop. The screen is noticeably better than the 600 (not as good as the 505). Plus I really like being able to download books direct from the Sony store - which I was not expecting to care about at all. If I want to buy a book on my lunch break I can without being tied to my computer. I guess that is part of the reason the Kindle has been so popular.

Also, the touch screenon the 900 really does work for me. For the most part I just use it to turn pages. For that it is great, but the stylus is sort of a waste of time. Using my finger is easier and I am less likely to loose it. I can hold the reader in either hand, change reading layout.....and button placement is not a concern.

I admit that I am tempted by the new Kindle with the low, low price but I don't think I would be happy being tied to the Kindle format.

The 900 is my preferred reader of choice. I leave the 505 upstairs for when I want to read before I go to bed, since I have a lighted cover for it. The 900 goes with me everywhere.

Having said all of that, I would still wait for the 950.
cozworth is offline   Reply With Quote