View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I love my 900 and the glare is pretty much a non issue. Like others keef said, a slight tilt an it goes away. The dictionary and the touch screen more than make up for it.

I have no issues with quality at all, in fact I think the physical quality of the reader is great. I'm not a fan of their library software, but with Calibre I don't have to be.

My biggest complaint, like SkyDream mentioned, is the lack of firmware updates. I'm happy that the device does exactly what I thought it would do, not so happy because it still does, only what I thought it would do. I didn't buy it expecting frequent updates but in comparing it with other readers and the fixes and new features that get added to them on a regular basis, I find Sony a bit behind the times.

When all is said and done though, I do love it, I'm glad I got it and use it all the time!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote