View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #54
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skouly View Post
Hi FaisalAbid: I just purchased a Kobo Arc and I am very impressed, especially after comparing it to the Nexus 7 (which I wrote about in detail in another thread). After reading the USB-OTG specification (USB On-the-Go), I am wondering if the Arc firmware can be tweaked with an update to allow the Arc to take advantage of this? Is this something that the developers would look at?

I know it was addressed by Kobo-Robin briefly in another thread, but since the Arc already has a micro-USB port, enabling USB-OTG would only require firmware tweaking, and adding to the already available USB 2.0 specification. Plus, it would allow many Arc owners the ability to load large content, ie: movies and videos, right from an attached USB stick. Let's face it, many Arc owners (and its demographic) aren't particularly keen on using the "Cloud" and this easily added functionality would really expand the Arc's capability.
is there an answer to this question
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote