View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm OK with the numbering scheme. On the Touch, there isn't a reload pause when you change chapters like there is on the Android App. I assume that is the same on the iOS.

I don't know if the Amazon App for Android is anything like the experience reading on a Kindle, but I find their numbering much more difficult to figure out. At least with the Kobo devices, you can look at the stats in reading life and see your page turns for your current book and how that translates into the %. So, for example, in the book I am currently reading I can see that I have made 608 page turns and I am 95% of the way through the book. Knowing that I have read for 6 hours tells me I probably won't be reading it for very much longer .
Glad to hear about the lack of the 'loading' annoyance when using an actual Kobo device.

I, too, dislike the Kindle percentage instead of pages method. I usually have no idea how long I've been reading and those percentages are a complete waste to me. I only use it as an absolute last resort, if the book I want is not available anywhere else but amazon.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote