View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Godshift

My story Godshift can now be read for free at Daily Science Fiction.

Someone once asked me why the God I believe in doesn't intervene more often in human affairs. This story grew out of my attempt to imagine a God that did so.

Charity Ebook

When Nebula Winner and Hugo Nominee Eric James Stone put out a call for stories based on The Three Billy Goats Gruff, my first thought was, "Billy Goats? What on earth can you do with billy goats, artistically speaking?"

The answer, as it turns out, is: "One stupendous heck of a lot."

My contribution to the anthology, called A Starscape Slightly Askew revisits the fairy tale trope of the three siblings, two of whom are inevitably brats while the third might as well be wearing a halo. I've always felt that there must have been more happening in those family dynamics than meets the eye. In addition to being a rollicking story about interstellar travel and multidimensional manipulation, A Starscape Slightly Askew explores the history that made the older siblings so cranky in the first place, as well as the effects of that history on the youngest child.

The Gruff Variations is a charity anthology. Neither the authors nor the editor received compensation for their work, and 100% of the proceeds will go toward buying books and school supplies for underprivileged children. If you're inclined to find out just how many different things you can do with billy goats, literarily speaking, I encourage you to pick up a copy.

Buy at Amazon | Buy at Smashwords

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 03-30-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote