View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I think the first Saki story I read was in my English class school book. Great author, I like his humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Incidentally, the same book of short stories also contained the excellent story by E. M. Forster "The Machine Stops". A bit frightening for a youngster, but I think that my love of sci-fi came from this.
Definitely an excellent story. And the most interesting and intelligent critical comment on the Internet (and like technologies) I've read - despite the fact that it was written in 1910.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote