View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I got the email from WHSmith. What I found even more disconcerting is this:

So no publishers' geographic restrictions any more. The bookstore itself is placing stricter restrictions. With Waterstones' service having left me unimpressed, to say the least, and WHSmith refusing to sell to me anymore, I do wonder where I will get my ebooks from now on...
Last saturday I was able to buy books from the new WH Smith store by registering my account with an UK address, and using that same address as billing address for my Dutch credit card. At that time the billing address was not verified with the credit card company, and this worked fine.
I do not know if this still works, but you could give it a try.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote