Thread: Firmware Update Kindle 3 - Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars View Post
I have seen a few posts by reputable people stating that they were approached by Amazon to test 3.0.1. I think people who posted about freezing issues were contacted by Amazon, provided the beta firmware upgrade and were instructed to leave wifi/3G turned on so that Amazon support could monitor. This was from posts on the Amazon.com boards.
I'm one of the people Amazon contacted about trying 3.0.1. I had perhaps a dozen or so spontaneous restarts or lockups over the first week. Since getting 3.0.1 Saturday afternoon I've logged probably 10-12 hours of usage without further problems.

It's a little premature to say that they have a fix (I had 3 days in a row last week without any problems), but they wouldn't roll out even a beta update unless they thought they'd actually fixed something.

It seems they were also replacing units with particular ranges of serial numbers. That might be due to a different issue altogether, or perhaps they just wanted to rule out the possibility of a hardware defect.

In any case, I trust we'll have an effective solution for everyone before very long.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote