View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What we are trying to say is that directly after conversion (or ANY operation that adds books to the library) you have NO control over the layout of the names of the books within the calibre library itself. The library is a black box that you can look at but NOT change.

If you want names in a different format for your OWN purposes then you have to "export" them from the library. Then you can override the names.

For instance, I just did the following.

In calibre Preferences I clicked on Saving books to disk in the Import/Export section. Then in the Save Template box I typed
Code:
{authors}{series:| - |}{series_index:0>2s| - |} - {title}
and hit the Apply button at the top and then the Close button at the bottom.

Now back in the list of books in my library I selected the books that I wanted and then did a (right click) and selected Save to Disk.

On this screen I selected the option Save to Disk and then selected a location to save the files.

The result was that books were saved with names like
Code:
Douglas Coupland - All Families Are Psychotic.epub
Jeremy Clarkson - World According to Clarkson, The - 02 - And another thing.epub
Nevil Shute - What Happened to the Corbetts.epub
Piers Anthony - Xanth - 35 - Well-Tempered Clavicle.epub
Randy Bachman - Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap Stories.epub
Suzanne Collins - Underland Chronicles - 01 - Gregor the Overlander.epub
which I believe is what you wanted.

Author then Series then Number within Series and finally Title
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote