View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
georget99
georget99 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
PRS-300 stuck after disconnecting USB

UPDATE: It's now working. I kept trying various things, reset button, power switch, plug in to USB, gave up then put it aside. I just looked and it's back to normal.

----------------------original post-----------------------------------

My PRS-300 has been working fine until today.

My battery was showing 3/4 full so I plugged it into my computer and let it charge until the light went off.

I unplugged it and put it aside. About a half-hour later I looked and it was sitting on the Home menu page with the twirly arrow (stationary), and no books showing next to the various sort index view options. This is how it usually looks for about 30 seconds after unplugging USB.

I pressed the power switch and it turned off, turned it back on, and got the initial power-up screen (Reader logo, "opening book"). The main menu appeared with the turning arrow, the arrow stopped turning but the turn-on cycle once again did not complete.

I've tried various buttons, holding power, holding the reset button in, holding reset while working the power switch, and plugging it back in to USB (not recognized), and nothing has helped.

Sometimes when I hold the power switch for a few seconds, it turns off then right back on again and goes through the above described again.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by georget99; 03-23-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Got it working!
georget99 is offline   Reply With Quote