View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsend View Post
Wow-- scary stuff here. Glad I'm in the habit of starting each day with a Save As to make a backup.

I've been working on this book for two months now. I am constantly using the Validate EPUB option to check for errors. And I've had Tidy on on the whole time.

I work predominantly in the Book View; going into code view, only to clear up <div> tags or any Validate errors that crop up. AND I have used search and replace many times, often with the Replace All option.

So far, everything works like a charm. But, hearing all these horror stories, I'm going to be a lot more careful, from now on.
I've gotten religion on the backup front myself.

I'm just the opposite, I always work in code view. The only time I look at book view is to make sure something looks the way I want it to. The other day I was doing just that when I noticed a misplaced apostrophe and deleted it. When I went back to the code view, it yammered at me for a nbsp entity. What? The only entity I use is amp. Where was that nbsp? Right where I had deleted that apostrophe. Sigil put it there and then complained to me about it! LOL.
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote