View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Unfortunately, despite Sony's impressive capabilities when it comes to producing some great hardware, I agree with David. I generally avoid Sony wherever possible as a feel-good personal protest against their whole DRM attitudes, proprietary technology (like the memory stick), and their customer service approach (my Clie was a wonderful device, but customer service was miserable), and because I expect to find nothing but roadblocks when it comes to using the device for content viewing.

I used to look for Sony everytime I bought electronics. Now I look elsewhere and only settle for Sony if it's a standout product. But I'm still hoping that they will learn to "play nice" with standards and gain a fresh new perspective on customer service and general usability of content. Surely I'm not the only customer that they've turned away over the years.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote