Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #67
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Actually, we each get two votes now. One for the initial vote and one for the final vote. So I do not think Tom casting two in in the (unlikely) event that three or more tie for first place is unfair. And there are many, many months that he never casts votes at all, and yet he is a part of this book club.

Once we get used to the tiered and having two for the final poll, I think having a month where we end up with three or more in the final poll may lead to debate. Whichever choice ends up in third, or fourth, or so on, those voters might've preferred the second place to the first and could feel gipped that they couldn't have a say between the top two. Again, this is once we all get used to tiered and always deciding between the top two.

And then, there's the unlikely but possible result (especially with a hidden vote) of having a large tie, as HomeInMyShoes and Nyssa wondered about in the vote thread. What's the point of tiered if the second poll has so many options?

So, since this is new and we're just getting started, my suggestion was given as a way to keep things simple and even from month to month and open to less debate in the event of ties.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote