View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Tor actually went so far as to have new cover art done for the ebook releases on the Wheel of Time books (and maybe for future pbook printings too?), but as far as I know that's a rarity.
They did commission the art... but from what I've heard it's not in the actual books. (It certainly isn't for Ender's Game, which also had a new cover commissioned.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So what to you think. Is it a big deal not having actual cover art or don't you care?
I can understand why, when eink devices are black-and-white, they didn't bother with including a pretty color cover. But I think that, for the sake of color LCD devices & futureproofing for color eink, there's no excuse not to include the actual artwork.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote