View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #52
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I'm not asking you to "phrase the perfect set of pro-writer laws" -- just to tell me what those laws should include, in general terms. If you have no idea what those laws should be -- and you're the person who says they need to be passed -- then how should anyone else know what they should be?
I think everyone knows what the intent of those laws would be:
  • To protect IP, with punishments applied to those who illegally steal others' IP;
  • to allow users to access and use purchased IP, within established, acceptable limits, but not to disseminate or use purchased IP beyond the established limits of the IP owner/seller; and
  • to apply additional punishments to those who apply others' IP, without permission, for personal gain.

The point is, the existing IP laws are already pretty adequate as they are, with only minor tweaking needed. The real issue is needing the technology to properly back them up (because without it, the laws are toothless). Then the laws can enable and support the security technology.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote