View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfytheige View Post
Right so I couldn't buy books from places like waterstones then which seems to have some books that amazon don't (but on the flip side can't buy books for my ereader from amazon if I go for a different make)
Correct, assuming you'd bought a Kindle.

A couple of points to note in passing are that (1) 'ereader' is the name of a particular ebook format, so that contraction's almost never used due to the potential confusion and, if you buy from Amazon from outside the US, you're charged a few $'s premium to nominally(*) cover the costs of the wireless connectivity on top of the US-list price.

* - You're still charged it even if you wanted to download it via your computer or read it there, so even the free books cost a few $s.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote