View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #131
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
That warning is to be taken seriously. I tried installing the Kobo Touch 2.3.2 Firmware on my touch yesterday - which completely bricked the device. Not only would it no longer start (and not even refresh the screen while starting), it also prooved completely impervious to factory resets (Home + Slider). I had to remove and restore the internal sd card to get it working again.

My Kobo was manufactured in the fall of 2012, so it is fairly new.

I ended up updating by using just the KoboRoot.tgz and skipping uboot and kernel updates.

Apparently the uboot and kernel updates in that Firmware are not targeted at the newer Kobo Touch devices. I suppose I could try Glo update, but I am really just happy my KT is working again.
Same thing happened to me. Exactly. Mine bricked on the restarting screen.
Though I'm lucky in that we have some pretty good return policies in place here over the last year or 2 so just took it to the store for a replacement.
Didn't feel like trying to fix it myself.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote