View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #74
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Privacy? what privacy? You are living under an erroneous impression if you actually think you have any privacy whatsoever. Do you actually not realize that if someone wanted any type of information at all on you, they could have in in a matter of a few keystrokes and a credit card? Thanks to the internet, and unscrupulous people, there is no privacy anymore.
I would have to disagree - while there is a lot of publicly-available information about me, all of it is information that I choose to make public. With massive bribes and power you might dig a little deeper, but even that will only get you so far. Privacy is very much alive, but I agree that we must guard it fiercely, lest it disappear or be taken from us. And it is much harder to regain once lost. Which is why I argue that you should not give it up so easily for the feeling/illusion of security.

Also, I don't think you send any money to the Netherlands, but I might be wrong. We don't need handouts-with-an-agenda (or without, for that matter), and if the dollar keeps heading south, you might need ours in the future. Looking at the USD vs EUR for the last few years, whoever runs your country has much to account for (click on the 5-year view).

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-08-2008 at 04:59 PM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote