View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #65
tezza
tezza is on a distinguished road

Device: EZ Reader
Just checked out the new store and bought some ebooks. (They have Doctor Who ebooks... I think that might be a world first!)

Was surprised when none of the books I purchased had proper covers... just frontpages listing the title, author and publisher. Strange, as I've used overseas ebook sellers in the past and never run into that issue. (I could insert the covers myself if not for the Adobe DRM!)

And it was frustrating to build up a big shopping cart and then not be able to proceed to the checkout because:

One or more of the titles in your shopping cart is/are not available for purchase due to publisher/author territorial restrictions. We apologize for this inconvenience.

There's no way of telling WHICH book/s cause the problem, short of deleting them one-by-one until the system lets you into the checkout. In my case, turned out it was a Star Trek book.

There are hundreds of Star Trek books on the site, all with $AUS prices, but it seems like none of them are actually available to us Aussies!

On the upside, it's a great-looking site and the search function is excellent. Much better than the site I was using previously, Books on Board (www.booksonboard.co.uk)... that is one UGLY estore!
tezza is offline   Reply With Quote