View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I totally disagree, things like laptops and Kindles are much more prone to damage as they are portable, 4 out of 5 laptops I repair are due to poor handling by the owner, the average repair is $200. There are no parts for a Kindle so if its out of warranty you buy a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec2 View Post
I never buy extended warranties and every consumer advocate I know of, similarly warns people they are a rip off, especially with consumer electronics. There are plenty of explanations for this online so Google if you are really interested.

Bottomline, spending 18% additional on the small odds you will damage your Kindle or it will go haywire doesn't seem all that prudent. It's like buying insurance when the dealer shows an ace. Everyone "in the know" knows that is a sucker bet except the sucker who bought it.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote