View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Welcome .. Good luck on your search.

You should look into Font type and Font Size for each of the e-ink readers. I have a Cybook Gen3 that can have VERY LARGE FONT Size for reading. I am not sure of the other devices. Definitely reasearech before you buy an e-ink device. They are not cheap.

Most .lit files can be converted easily into another format if needed.

hidari

g

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Hi all, been lurking for a while, but I've finally gotten around to saving for a reader for myself.

I used to be an incredibly voracious reader, reading and rereading dozens of books a month, sometimes up to two novels a day. College slowed that down quite a bit, and now I really can't be bothered to carry around a book with me - normally I just listen to music, etc.

I want to get back into reading, and I've been doing some light reading on my computer, so I think an ebook reader would be perfect for me.

y issues are : I have quite a few ebooks in *.lit format, and while I've heard that isn't a reader-supported format, I'd need a reader that handles a format I can convert them to (should be easy, converters seem commonplace)

I do quite a bit of reading on the web - fictionpress.com and fanfiction.net, to name a few sites. These are sites that are high-text, low-image, so they should be viewable. The best solution for this reading would be web functionality, but HTML reading would be a runner-up, if web functionality isn't possible (I've been reading on here about the iliad... but...)

I, often, read in many short and long bursts. One page here, three pages there, seven pages here, then when I get home, I'll have a 75 page session. Because of this, I need a reader that is a: easy on the eyes for those long sessions (which is why I'm dead-set against tablet PCs and the like); and b: easy to put down and pick up, being able to read a page, then come back two hours later and read a few more pages, etc.

Finally, my eyes are atrocious. I have, in my knowledge, the worst prescription in my small town, and I'm nearly blind. I'm nearsighted (far away is where it's blurry), but I literally can't see an inch in front of my eyes without glasses. Easy readability is a must - glare, lighting notwithstanding. I only read in well-lit areas, but computer screens suffer from the slightest bit too much or too little light, in my eyes.

Well, that's my situation. I tried to give as much info as possible, and I hope you can help me. I'm not looking for an immediate purchase - Christmastime wouldn't be a bad time, and later isn't an issue. I've read up on the iLiad, and while it sounds like it's the closest to what I'm looking for, I've also heard problems with the being-able-to-read-in-short-bursts aspect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote