View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #339
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JSWolf, no I wasn't aware of it, and no prizes for guessing who the tosser is that is trying to create such a rumour after they showed themselves up for being a public jerk a week or two ago in the forums before leaving. He threatened to try to tell his Facebook friends to not download any of my plugins as his "threat", no doubt he realised the folly of that when he remembered he didn't have any.

If anyone spots any crap like this out there on the web, please report it to the relevant mods and get that prick banned from whatever forum it is. None of my plugins have the slightest bit of malware in them as can easily be verified by looking at the code (which many, many people have done as they use my plugins as the basis for their own code). It is just trash talk by someone who got their tits in a tangle over not figuring out how something works, and chose to throw offensive insults and threats around rather than politely ask for help.
The thread was on replacing generic covers with proper covers and someone suggested your plugin. Someone else piped up saying that Modify ePub phones home with your reading information and says her IT friends online someplace said it contains maleware. I know it's a load of rubbish. But she was having none of that. The moderators deleted these posts from the thread as they were off-topic. But if I see anything like this again, I'll take better notes and let you know ASAP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote