View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #2829
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Well, you do need to switch to a book with a cover, the default in cover mode on a fresh install is otherwise indeed a blank screen .

On a sidenote, can you check if the variables SCREEN_X_RES & SCREEN_Y_RES variables defined in /etc/rc.d/functions actually match the DX? (824x1200).

Thanks!

EDIT: Just saw the latest edit . Yep, it does indeed work much better with Python installed ^^.

Yeah, I suspect it's indeed taking a boatload of time to process on the DX, especially if the resolution is correct... Check the showlog -f output to confirm, it's somewhat verbose .
Heh. yeah. I was just editing as I went along. Thought you were offline ^^ !!

cheeky and lazy of me sorry. next time I'll Kate up and answer first ><

hokay. yeah prolly just time. The device has a few squillion titles on it too for extra PAIN!!! : D

will check the showlog -f (I usually use a custom filtered shell version through grep to cut verbosity, why does anyone want to log this crap?, No, I mean a good reason ^______^)

Otherwise. Yeah. Install Python, (And check you actually DID dumass, that's right I'm looking at you mirror!) Install stuff. Touch File. Be awesome. Simple.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote