Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #13
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Excellent! I think we'll have enough interested folks to get the ball rolling!

I'd like to propose starting each new book on the 1st of each month, and then opening a discussion thread at the start of the 4th week of the month. This will give folks three weeks to read, and we can then have one week of open discussion.

Also in the 4th week of the month, I propose opening a discussion thread for the upcoming month's book, so that we can choose together and discuss potential choices.

As far as book choices...as jerryleejr mentioned, I think we should select books that are available in most, if not all, formats; and I also think it might be wise to choose books that are reasonably affordable (maybe we could consider capping it at no more than $10 per book?), so that more folks can participate.

I'll start a new, official MobileRead book club thread for November's book, and I'll also PM a moderator to see if we can get each month's Book Club threads posted as "sticky" for that month.

Please let me know if you all have suggestions or constructive criticisms...I'd really like this to be great experience for everyone!

Joanne