View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #1903
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
Minor strange issue with the formatting of a story on AO3:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/924346/

In the version of Chapter 2 downloaded with FFDL, after the second instance of "John Keats's Attitude to Lawyers", everything is italicised until the end of the chapter, which it isn't if viewed on the webpage. And it's not just a single absent trailing </i> tag. I opened it with Tweak Book, and every paragraph after "Lawyers" has <i class="calibre8"></i> around it. ...
GIGO. There are italic tags are in the source HTML. Multiple times, in fact. AO3 has CSS that sets "font-style: normal;" on an <i> tag inside an <i> tag.

Looking at it, I presume the author made a mistake with "<i>text<i>" instead of "<i>text</i>" and some helpful program tried to fix it.
Spoiler:
Code:
<p>"I overheard her and another girl," John tells her.  "In 
the library basement, the other day.  I was looking for 
<i>John Keats's Attitude to Lawyers<i> and I just sort 
of stumbled onto them."  </i></i></p>
<p>
  <i>
    <i>Beca doesn't say anything.  </i>
  </i>
</p>
<p>
  <i>
    <i>
      <i>
        <i>John almost hopes that Beca brings her girlfriends 
              to their next lunch; it will make for a very interesting 
              meal.</i>
      </i>
    </i>
  </i>
</p>

After it gets into FFDL, all the nested <i> tags get folded down into one.

The class="calibre8" on the <i> tags isn't from FFDL. That leads me to suspect you did a epub->epub conversion on it, too.