View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The main reason why I will not consider getting a Paperwhite at all is because they took away several important pieces of functionality from the Touch.

Most importantly, the physical home button -- this is VERY important to me! It is the best way to navigate around the Kindle.

Also the ability to change chapters by swiping up/down -- according to Amazon, it just confused people. I would prefer the option.

Also the TTS/audiobooks/mp3s. The 2GB vs 4GB is NOT a problem in my mind -- I will still never need more than 1500 books at any one time.

The dealbreaker though is the home button. And capacitive touch may be nice, but it isn't a necessity. The frontlit display would be wonderful -- if I didn't have my own bedroom, and thus no need to read in the dark.

So many nice things about the Paperwhite, but nothing to make up for its MAJOR flaw.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote