Thread: Author Profile
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Author Profile

Ever since getting my Paperwhite, I have been very picky as to the organization of my books on it and making full use of the extra features on each book. All my books (including sideloads) have their proper Amazon ASINs instead of the Calibre-generated ones, APNX files for page numbers, X-Ray files with chapters and excerpts, and now I am working on adding the author profiles as well. I don't know about on the other devices, but on the Paperwhite at least, there is an "About the Author" option when you have a book opened, provided the profile file exists.
I didn't see any other threads about this, so I thought I would give a run down of what the file contains. Forgive me if it has been discussed before.
I've attached one of the profiles I created as an example.
Located in the .sdr folder for each book, the file is called "AuthorProfile.profile.[Book's ASIN].asc".

Code:
The name of each entity is 1 letter. In the order they appear in the file:
u = Authors
An array of author entities associated with the book.
I have not tested the use of multiple authors in a single file yet.

The author entity:
y = Height of the author's picture
l (lowercase L) = List of ASINs or ISBN-10s from the author
n = Name
a = Author's ASIN
b = Biography (all seem to end with a <br/>)
i = Base64-encoded JPG (width should be 185)

The rest:
a = This book's ASIN (does not seem to matter)
d = Epoch timestamp, referred to as "as of"
  possibly the time the profile was last updated
o = List of book entities to describe each book

The book entity:
e = 1 if book is a Kindle eBook edition, 0 if otherwise
a = Book's ASIN
t = Book title
Pretty simple, it's mainly just a matter of gathering the different books and ASIN/ISBN-10s for them!
Attached Files
File Type: txt AuthorProfile.profile.B00655KOZK.asc.txt (30.6 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by Ephemerality; 03-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote