View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #23461
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Cleaning day. Also I made baked potatoes topped with unsalted beurre, and dirty rice. My first attempt at both - the dirty rice didn't go well but baked potato is the easiest thing on earth

Red bull then and iced water now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Cappuccino in my cup, nicely complemented with a 'koffiekoek' (don't know the English word: coffee cake? viennoiserie?) which I made myself last night, in class

We had a pretty 'rough' weekend. We want to move to a cheaper apartment near our piece of land so we can save some more money. Saw something great this weekend, but when we called to tell them we wanted to rent it they told us another couple had already signed the papers ...
When we told our parents, they said they would be happy to take us in for a couple of years. They live nowhere near our future house, but the 'rent' they ask is just ridiculous! If we move in with them, we can save 1000€ each every month! So that's at least 24.000€ just in one year, and we could really use that money for our house. It also means no household chores while we are building!
Of course, we'd only have one room, hardly any privacy, going to work will take us a lot longer. And we'd have to hope our cats and my parent's cat will get along ...

So we really don't know what to do. Any thoughts? Advice is more than welcome!
I wouldn't be so sure about the "no household chores" part, Iri. Of course your parents would offer to do those nasty work for you but we both know it's just not right to delegate all chores to our parents Eventually the chores, the breach of privacy, the long hours to work and your building site would catch up with you.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote