Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #74
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
You are assuming that reading is linear. I don't trust battery gauges. Proof is only in how long it takes to deplete the battery to the point it stops working.
I agree. The battery status is more of an exponential type, always slow in the beginning.
But the OP stated that her Glo was down within 4 days without reading. In comparison, I was reading for 4 days and the battery reached 82%.

To go further, I finished the book.
- 10,6 hours in 5 days
- 1010 page turns
- Battery is 71%

I won't take that as a reference in the future, but to me it means that there is something wrong with the OP's Glo behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
It can't use a lot of power - because that's what I do all the time, several times a day often, and I often go more than 3 weeks between charging.
To each its own, I guess. As long as what you do works for you, and what another does works too, well all for the best
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote