View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #221
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBooks View Post
Hi SolRaven;
Do you have to buy the book twice? First on Kindle then on Audible?
Yes, but if you buy the Kindle book first, the Audible book is greatly reduced in price. I had an Audible account for the past few years, and I wasn't able to get the Kindle versions for a reduced price. Plus, when I tried to add an Audible book, because I already had an Audible account with unused credits, I wasn't offered the reduced price, I could only use my credits. My Audible plan was for one credit a month@ $15 ea. If I bought a Kindle book afterwards for $10, I would spend $25 for both the ebook & audiobook. Without an Audible account, I could buy the Kindle book for $10, then add the Audible book for $4, for a total cost of $14, which is less than what I was paying Audible for just the audiobook!

Coincidentally, if you didn't have an Audible plan, and just bought the audio book outright, it would probably cost as much as a full priced hardcover and for really long books, a lot more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Agh! Thanks SolRaven for the correction. I realised my mistake just after I put my laptop away and came right back to correct it... but you beat me to it before I finished editing my post! It's edited now... I was wondering while I wrote my first version about what a weird name "whispersync" is for something that talks to you
LOL... All of Amazons names for their services are a little confusing. Whispernet, Whispersync, Immersion.... It's hard to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
For some books, yes, for some books, no. Some publishers allow the text-to-speech. Others prefer you to buy the audiobook as well, so they don't allow it. (I'm newly brushed up on such knowledge )
Mrs_Often you're just a mess today! LOL... but I love your enthusiasm!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote